every family needs a foundation to build a better future
Buying a home in partnership with Habitat for Humanity is a unique opportunity for all of our families. Yakima Valley Habitat for Humanity partners with qualified families who help build and then purchase their homes with an affordable mortgage. Review the financial and general qualifications below to understand the criteria for being selected into our program:
- In need of housing
- Able to re-pay an affordable mortgage
- Willingness to partner with Habitat
- Must be a United States citizen or legal permanent resident
- Must currently live in the Yakima County
- Earn between 30% and 80% of the Area Median Income (AMI) for Yakima County. (See chart below)
- Meet a total household debt-to-income-ratio that does not exceed 41% of total household monthly gross income
- First time Home buyer or not owned a home in the past 3 years
- Acceptable Credit – 640+ credit score and satisfactory credit history
- Proof of steady income – for the past 2 years
2022 Area Median Income (AMI) Chart
Interested in learning more?
Please review the qualification guidelines above to ensure you meet our criteria before submitting this form to Habitat for Humanity.
*Please note that this interest form is not an application for a Habitat home but provides us with your contact information so that we can provide you with more information.